Monday, September 20, 2010

Another stab at this and the MACHO comps.....




About a year or so ago I decided I would join the ranks of my fellow photographers and creative types who have a similar sadistic desire to create more work for themselves by having a blog. At first I was like,"this is awesome" a new forum to put all that is Chris on the web. After a bit I found it to be just another thing that I was now going to have to do and therefore I bagged on doing it. But now, I am rejuvenated (sort of ) and will be taking another stab at it.

Anyway, with my re-launching of my blog I am putting up some of the images we just finished for MACHO Martial Arts over the summer. I will add some of the other things we have been up to later with clever anecdotes attached to them but today this is what you my vast internet audience gets.

Working with Macho (Angela Chuchiolo) in particular, Zach Scheffer (my digital ninja, www.zacharyscheffer.com), as well as the likes of the amazing Tammara Kohler (stylist- www.fusedfashion.com), and make-up artist Karen Cleary. We shot 10 or so of the world's top martial artists, not Ultimate Fighters, the top Karate guys, with swords and nunchucks and what not. Mostly it was for catalog but we also concepted and created a series of images for Macho based on the lone hero fighting an army of ninjas idea. The concept is that these fighters are prepared for whatever they have to deal with because they trained using Macho's equipment, but we were not going to show the equipment, just use the tag line," Be ready" or "Be Prepared", or "I am Prepared", or "Always be Ready". This is not the easiest of ideas to sell, especially when your not an ad agency yourself. It is pretty much expecting your viewers to figure it out, let's say it's not overt more subtle but only in what they are trying to sell. Everything else is definitely over the top. Anyway, this was all done in house and Zach and myself (along with the help of Gary "Awesome" Johnston for locations and set building) shot every element in and around the city of Orlando or in our studio and put it together. No fancy retouching agency in LA or NYC, just right here in Otown. Lots of work and if anyone has any questions I will maybe answer them. But basically it's like this, Florida ad agencies it's ok to dream big we can make your dreams come true (in a photo).

Click on images to view them larger....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, the photos look great! I really like the group photo. Hope all is well!

Chris McEniry said...

Thanks ben.