Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Get on the BUS!






This past spring I had the pleasure of working with Creative Director Janessa Gursky and her team at Evolve Design Group (Sarah, Dave, Mark, Regina, Jen) on the new ad campaign for the City of Orlando's Downtown Business Bureau. They approached me with an opportunity to create a fresh new look for the city to help attract new businesses to the downtown area and bring people to those businesses. I will put up another post about the whole job at a later date and show the campaign and the TV spots I directed as well. We shot over 25 locations around town in a week using actual businesses involved in the DOBB.

Anyway, today out in front of Orlando's City Hall on Orange Ave. the good people at LYNX (the city's public transportation company) working with the DOBB, Evolve, and the City of Orlando itself unveiled the new buses wrapped with images from our campaign. Actually, it was one bus but it is the free bus that only goes around the downtown area. Still I took my daughter with me so she could see the big buses and buildings (easy to impress a 2 and half year old) and was pleasantly surprised at how nicely the design and images came out. On one side of the bus is J Henry's Barbershop in Paramore and the other is Captain Gary "Awesome" Johnston as the Bartender at Stardust Lounge on Lake Eola. Very cool.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks to my crew: Kim McEniry (Producer), Kristen Nugent (Hair and Make-up), Tammara Kohler (Uber- Stylist), Gary Johnston (Asst. Prop Master), Zachary Scheffer (Digital Tech, Post, Editing), Ian Reid (Camera Assist. 3rd), and special thanks to Mike Isler (1st AC and HD DSLR Video Ninja), and Tobias Denney (NYC Union Propmaster and old friend from home) for coming all the way from NYC to help out. If I left you out let me know and I will correct my error........

3 comments:

Siege said...

Lovin' the whole campaign from video to print. Great job CM!

Unknown said...

Andre'..Loving the shot Chris, let me know when you post the TV spots..Would love to see that..

Unknown said...

Can't tell you enough Chris how great that entire project was, I'm stoked I got to be a part of it!!